- Access profile
- Exit profile (Professional attributions and/or regulatised profession)
- Number of places available
- Ways of access, option and minimum mark
- Subjects to improve the acces grade
- Preincription and Admission procedures
In order to obtain more information about pre-registration and access to studies, please visit the following link: Generalitat de Catalunya - Departament d'economia i coneixement – Universitat i Recerca
The income profile of future Geography students should have the following profile:
- Basic knowledge in Human and Social Sciences.
- Basic knowledge in Sciences (Geology, Biology, Physics, Statistics, etc.)
- Critical analysis capacity.
- Good observation skills.
- Ease of oral and written expression.
- Provision for field work.
- Notions of computer science and English language.
- Social and cultural sensitivity.
The CIC (Inter-university Council of Catalonia) is the organisation which coordinates the university system in Catalonia and acts as an advisory organisation for the Government of Catalonia in university-related topics. It is formed by representatives from all the public and private universities in Catalonia.
The coordination of the university admissions processes is one of the CIC's strategic priorities. It aims to ensure that students who come from sixth form college and students who are 25 or older have their admission considered based on principles of equality, personal merits and abilities. Furthermore, the CIC must ensure equal oportunities in the assignment of the university studies among students.
The University of Lleida has developed an Tutoring Programme (Néstor), which aims to support students in their fundamental formation through personal, academic and professional orientation. The objective of this is to give students the opportunity to make the right choices during their Degrees, as future professionals and citizens.
Training in Geography allows you to face the world of work in various fields, both public and private. In addition to teaching, at all levels, and basic and applied research, the new fields of employment of geographers have been adapted to a dynamic work context that is characterized above all by the flexibility and easy adaptation of 'a comprehensive and comprehensive training. Current job opportunities include:
- Geographic Information Systems and Map Technician. Specialist in the management of geographic information technologies and in the elaboration and interpretation of cartography (consultancies, private companies, research institutes and public administration at all levels).
- Local development agent. Local or regional administration staff to start territorial revitalization projects. Expert in carrying out demographic and population studies, socio-economic revitalization studies, as well as proposals for public policies with a spatial impact.
- Environmental technician and consultant in carrying out work related to the environment, and natural spaces, resources and risks (consultancies, private companies, research institutes and public administration at all levels).
- Teacher of Geography and History. at different levels of education.
- Mobility project technician. Ability to act and intervene in the territory and its management, reinforcing the applied and experimental nature of the geographical formation.
- Urbanist. Specialist and advisor in the elaboration of plans of territorial arrangement at any scale, as well as the preparation of plans of territorial, regional and local development or dynamization of territorial and tourist resources (consultancies, private companies and public administration in all its levels ).
- Researcher on socio-economic and demographic issues. Expert in the development of basic and applied geographical research, as well as the dissemination of geographical science through any means of communication (news and media agencies, publishers, universities, consultancies, private companies ... )
- Meteorologist. Geography studies allow access to the body of Meteorologists / meteorologists. In this case, it is advisable to do a master's degree in climatology afterwards.
- Judicial expert. Drafting of court rulings for possible conflicts on boundaries between municipalities or conflicts between individuals on urban or rural property.
- Cadastre Technician. Technician and manager of cadastral cartography within the General Directorate of Cadastre, Town Councils or Provincial Councils.
- Local Administration Technician. The geographer acquires knowledge to manage the territorial information and to carry out the tasks of public function, fact that validates it to appear to contests or oppositions.
|Degree in Geography|
|University of Lleida||Public University||20 places|
Please check the table by clicking [here]
The access criteria is the following:
- Students who have passed PAU and similar
- Students with technical titulation of Professional Formation (FP)
- Students with foreign studies
- University students and similar
- Students who have passed the over 25 Access test
- Students who are 45 or older
In order to check the convalidation between ECTS university credits and Higher Level Training (FP) please click [here]
|Degree in Geography|
|Minimum grades (*)|
|University Acess Test / CFGS and FP||5.000|
|Students over 25||5.000|
|Students over 40 and 45||5.000|
(*) You can consult minimum grades for degrees from catalan
universities by clicking [here]
University pre-registration is a coordinated system of students distribution which ensures equalty of conditions in the first year registration and admission process of any Degree study. Students interested in the access to a Degree course at the University of Lleida will have to pre-register during the period established by the Catalan Government.
Prescriptions must be applied via internet, following the link: https://accesnet.gencat.cat